1.5 cups raw walnuts, divided
· 1 cup raw unsalted almonds, roughly chopped
· 2 – 2 1/2 cups Medjool or Deglet Nour dates, pitted
· 3/4 cup cocoa powder OR raw cacao if you have it
· 1-2 tsp espresso powder or finely ground coffee (depending on preference)
·pinch sea salt
1. Place 1 cup walnuts and 1 cup almonds in food processor and process until finely ground.
2. Add the cocoa powder or cacao, espresso powder and sea salt. Pulse to combine and then transfer to bowl and set aside.
3. Add the dates to the food processor and process until small bits remain. Remove from bowl and set aside.
4. Add nut and cocoa mixture back into food processor and while processing, drop small handfuls of the date pieces down into the food processor spout. Process until a dough consistency is achieved, adding more dates if the mixture does not hold together when squeezed in your hand.
5. Add the brownie mixture to a small parchment lined cake pan or loaf pan and add remaining 1/2 cup roughly chopped walnuts. Toss to combine and evenly distribute, and then press down with your hands until it is flat and firm.
6. Place in freezer or fridge to chill before cutting. Store in an airtight container to keep fresh. Will keep in the fridge for at least 2 weeks and in the freezer for at least 2 months.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Alessandra_Branco/2005481